As in many other regions throughout New Jersey and the U.S., Hudson County has seen recent increases in bankruptcy filings and foreclosures. An experienced Hudson County bankruptcy attorney is a valuable asset and guide for area residents in financial trouble.
Notes to Hudson County residents wracked by overwhelming debt:
- You are welcome to inquire at the law offices of Scura, Wigfield, Heyer & Stevens, LLP.
- We are here to answer your questions and help you prepare to file bankruptcy if it is right for you.
- We will never pressure a potential client into filing bankruptcy.
- We have valuable advice to share about how to rebuild credit after a bankruptcy.
- Our clients come to us from throughout the region that includes Hoboken:
- Passaic County
- Hudson County
- Essex County
- Bergen County
- Morris County
- Sussex County
Common Paths to Financial Disaster
The vast majority of our bankruptcy clients from Hudson County and from other counties have found themselves in over their heads in debt for reasons beyond their control: job loss, divorce, medical crises, car accidents and disasters such as fires, for example.
Some have taken advantage of excessive borrowing options which were overextended to them by zealous creditors. "Free Balance Transfers at 0% Interest for Six Months," read the advertisements which used to fill their mailboxes. Offers such as these enticed them in a time of economic hardship, which has only grown worse. Credit cards were not the answer to staying afloat, as they painfully discovered.
We Are Advocates Here, Not Judges
Whatever your circumstances and whatever path by which you found yourself seriously considering bankruptcy, we are not here to judge you or ask why you got in financial trouble. Our Hudson County bankruptcy lawyers' job is to inform you as to how the law applies in your case and advise you on how to move forward if you decide to file for bankruptcy: Bankruptcy FAQ's
- Chapter 7: We will gladly share information that can help you.
- Chapter 13: Debt reconsolidation can help you save your house if your mortgage is in arrears. Ask for more information.
- Chapter 11: Your troubled Hudson County business may benefit from the information and guidance that Scura, Wigfield, Heyer & Stevens, LLP, has to offer.
Contact a Jersey City Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Lawyer
Our attorneys and staff believe that our Hudson County clients' interests and concerns come first. We practice a work ethic that keeps clients' cases in motion and en route to resolution. Even with a large caseload, we make it our policy to give individualized attention to each client.
Contact one of our Hudson County bankruptcy lawyers today for a free initial consultation. We have offices in Wayne and Hoboken to serve you better.
Se habla español
Tenemos asistentes bilingües que hablan español. Por favor llamar para una cita hoy.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.